If you have any questions about the process, contact us directly to speak to a dispensary agent or our Medical Director to assist you.
Here is what you will need to apply:
1. A recommendation from an Arizona Physician
a. MD, DO, NMD/ND or H(MD) H(DO) can write the recommendation
b. Here is the link to the form the physician must use
2. A copy of a government issued ID such has a driver’s license, state issued ID or passport
3. A recent picture in JPEG format such as a passport photo
4. Signed attestation form you can find here
5. Visa or Mastercard for payment (credit, debt and prepaid cards will work)
Scan the above documents to your computer to complete the application as outlined below
1. You will need to the Arizona Department of Health Services website to complete the online application. You can find the application here
2. Accept the terms of the Use Agreement by selecting “Yes” at the bottom of the page.
3. After you have accepted the Use Agreement it will ask you which type of card you are applying for. Select “Qualifying Patient New Application”
4. Fill out the necessary information and upload the documents outlined above which should be scanned onto your computer
5. Pay the required $150 fee which may be reduced is you participate in the SNAP Program. Check the Arizona Department of Health’s website to see whether you might qualify
That’s it! Your patient card will be sent to you within 10 working days
Note, if you have a Designated Caregiver they will also have to apply to the Arizona Department of Health Services. Your patient application must be completed and approved before your designated caregiver can apply through the Arizona Department of Health online system. They will need your patient ID number, name and date of birth to submit their application into the online system.